Saturday, February 20, 2010

H is for the Hunger Games


I liked The Hunger Games, I really did, it actually was one of those books that you just can't put down... after PART ONE! The whole first half of the book is this: "There's a hole in the fence here here here and here, but this one is so close to home I almost always enter here." or "My sister has a goat named Lady, she bought it from some guy who has goats but this was cheap cause it was sick so we brought it home and made it better and now we make CHEESE!!!" and "My sister has this cat that she took up off the street and it's crazy and I hate it but it turns out that it's a natural mouse catcher so we kept it". As I said, skip the first half, read the second half. My sister read it a while ago and said that it was kind of like Twilight, which I suppose means bad, because it was in one of those disappointed tones in which she said it.

OK, here it is, this is what i really think about the book: the first half, terrible, the second quarter, good, the last bit, terrible, I mean if you cut out all the bad parts there would be like fifty pages to read if not less. It actually took like three weeks to get through one chapter of the first half, it was so boring i had to force myself to read it, I never have to do that, ever.

Life Lesson: Don't judge a book by it's cover :P (it looked OK but it wasn't really)

Comment on Fuzlong's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment